Group work in Child and Adolescent Mental Health
|Content||· Rationale for using groups.
· Group work using play as a means to mental well-being.
· Advantages of play-based group counselling.
· The role of the therapist.
· Practical aspects – groups size, group selection, etc.
· Ethics in group counselling with children and adolescents.
· Experiential group work – participants get the opportunity to take part in practical play-based group activities.
|No of CEU’s approved||18
|Target Group||· All health-care professionals working with groups of children and adolescents in a clinical setting.
· Previous training and experience in therapeutic group work is advised.
· Including professions such as medical practitioners, psychologists, occupational therapists, social workers, mental health nurses and other therapists.
|Cost||R 3 500